Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Small and not so small things

Small: apple peeler from my mother.  Awesome.  I love dried apples in the fall and winter.







Small-ish: a new faucet and water filter.  N thinks the water here tastes terrible, and since we aren't renting we have options other than a pitcher filter. 


Since we would be losing the hole for the sprayer when we installed the filter faucet, we bought a new regular faucet with an integrated sprayer.


Not-so-small: I filled some under-utilized space by the fridge with a base cabinet from Ikea.  Holy buckets.  It might not seem like much, but the extra storage space and counter space have changed my life.


Counter tops are sold in large pieces that need to be cut to size.  I do not have equipment for that kind of cutting, so I bought a super cheap door front from the clearance section, and we are using that as a temporary top.  The door front, although the perfect size, is clearly not a counter and will begin to sag soon.  It is good enough for now, though!

3 comments:

Kristine said...

Excellent move on the faucet - I think the faucet makes or breaks the sink!

Myrna said...

Looking good! Where is your Ikea?

the L of L and N said...

The nearest Ikea is a short three-hour drive away, in Chicago.