Poison ivy is the worst.
I have been spraying it all fall with brush killer, and last weekend decided it was time to clean out the poison ivy bed. I suited up in plastic bags and elbow gloves and bandanas and dug it all out. (I hope I dug it all out!) I watered the whole area for about an hour with a sprinkler, hoping any remaining urushiol would soak deep enough into the ground to cease to be dangerous.
![]() |
| Before: dirt bed on left previously home to poison ivy. |
![]() |
| Before: distorted panoramic, from a different angle |
This weekend I decided to lay down packing paper (which I have been saving) and wood chips. I bought the mulch a couple of weeks ago, in anticipation of this project.
![]() |
| After: testing the stepping stones |
After spreading all the mulch I had on hand, I discovered I needed more. I tried two different big-box home improvement stores, and neither of them had un-dyed mulch. They were all out for the season. Grrr. I was forced to spread what I had thinner.
![]() |
| Panoramic of back and side yard |




No comments:
Post a Comment