Sunday, March 29, 2020

Working through the pandemic

I have been taking my free time (which used to be filled with trivia nights with friends, brunches with friends, and ladies' nights with friends) and building things.  Building things makes me feel better about life.

My first big project was a set of shelves for our basement, to hold our surplus pantry items.  We have been short on storage ever since we replaced our pantry shelves with an exterior door.


Before adding the last board for the "counter"
After adding the last board and beginning to fill it, but before putting away the drill.

My second project was to build a desk.  Knowing that I was about to be working from home for an extended period, I listed my options.

  1. Work in my "office," which is really a guest room with a super tiny desk in it.
  2. Work in the dining room on the dining room table.
  3. Build myself a new work space in the sunroom.
I went with option 3, and built myself a desk.  It's a little bit wobblier than I would like, but it is sufficient.


I love being in the sunroom, surrounded by light and plants.  I am hoping to add a hummingbird feeder outside the window soon.


The plan was use the armchair as my desk chair, but it was too short.  Instead of moving it out, I just pushed it back to make room for the dining room chair, which is a good height.  Now when Cauchy sits on the armchair right behind me I feel like I'm the conductor of a cat train.

No comments: