Monday, November 21, 2016

Press update!

I built a work bench!  A work table?  I built a work surface.  My car has been in the street the last couple of days, because my spot in the garage is the only place large enough for assembly of this beast.  It is 4 feet long and just over 2 feet wide, built from 2x4s and 2x6s.

The table where I built it in the garage

I am quite proud of myself.  This is the first large project I have finished that isn't a raised garden bed.  I built the table for my press.  Our friend A, the book artist, was in town for one night this weekend, and he helped me make a list of the supplies I will need to start printing.  I still need to finish the bottom frame into a shelf.

That press is HEAVY!  I hope the table doesn't buckle under it.

Now that I have have some experience and some knowledge (and a random orbital sander that N does not yet know I purchased) I want to make a work bench for the garage, then shelves and a work surface in the basement for all of my canning jars and equipment.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

I love this. For some reason this photo makes me think that your next project should be a mangle! Now that would be heavy :)