Saturday, August 18, 2012

Unpacking!

Did I drug my cat?  Yes.  Am I glad?  Yes!!  She was groggy for the first four or five hours, and occasionally threw out a pathetic mew.  (It made my heart weep.)  She woke up a bit, and made several unsuccessful attempts to squeeze through the front grate.  She made it to the apartment intact and is currently hiding under the bed.

Cauchy and my egg mcmuffin sans meat, on our way out of town
 I could be a spokesperson for the Honda Fit.  They should pay me money or give me a new car or something!  I would love to do commercials for them, praising their storage capacity.  Check out my packing job.


None of that attempted to escape (i.e. fall out) of the hatch when I opened it upon arrival.  I can't say as much for the items I had behind one of the doors...

loveseat cushion attempting to escape back door

 Did I mention that I fit a loveseat in this car?  Yup.  It's a sectional loveseat, and I was able to fit both sections, complete with cushions, in this car.  I had to sacrifice a few things (clothes hangers, my cat's scratching post, and the hall tree) but I brought it!  It's no llama, though...

one section of the loveseat, without cushions

Here is the loveseat in action!  N had cleared the boxes away a bit before I arrived, and I finagled them some more to make room for the couch.

living room with bad camera exposure

This is what the rest of the apartment looks like.  Boxes.  Lots o' boxes.



And Nick's dresser.





2 comments:

Kristine said...

Henry is worried about your cat but is glad she made it safely. I'm totally impressed with your pack job but sad the llama couldn't make the trip.

Mark Smith said...

Lisa! I packed my Fit like that too when I moved. It is great for swallowing large amounts of "stuff".