Monday, February 29, 2016

More blocking, rug change

The other knitted objects finished drying yesterday, so I blocked another scarf today.  I have never knitted anything this shape before.  It's part crescent, part saw tooth.


It is pinned onto a double bed, if that gives you a sense of scale.  I am not sure how to measure it.


I added a few more blocking wires on the longer of the short edges.

 In other news, I also switched out the rug in our living room.  N thought the colors I was painting on the walls were boring, so I thought I would try the dark grey that I loved in the kitchen in our old house.  I bought a sample pint and painted a few test swatches - he LOVED it.  If his enthusiasm when expressing an opinion about decorating decisions is usually at a 9 out 50, his enthusiasm for this paint color was a 9 out of 10.  So now we have a dark gray living room.

Before.
 We also have several surplus rugs, thanks to my inability to pare down after combining our stuff.
  I thought the red rug would look better with the new paint color.

After.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

That scarf is awesome! I would love to see a pic of someone wearing it.