I have a few new perennials that I am super excited about. This is some variety of Liatris, which is supposed to be super butterfly friendly.
![]() |
| nifty new Liatris |
I have both sugar snap peas and the kind that you have to shell. The fancy pants trellis had stood firm during many storms and some of the windiest days Kansas has ever had. (My friend drives a pedicab as his primary means of transportation and is constantly monitoring the wind levels. He assures me that this is actually the windiest spring Kansas has had in a long, long time.)
![]() |
| sugar snap peas |
Here is a general overview of the main vegetable beds. The closest bed has asparagus. It is amazing to me how many people don't recognize asparagus in the wild.
![]() |
| veggies and fruits! (tomatoes are technically fruits, right?) |
I have two beds (not pictured above) dedicated to Monarch butterflies. They have two varieties of milkweed and a bunch of nectar plants. It turns out that Monarchs and I both love zinnias, so it's a win all around.
![]() |
| Monarch way station |




No comments:
Post a Comment