Thursday, April 3, 2014

Garden constructions

I have been building in the garden.  Specifically, I have been bending fencing to my will.   I have also been snipping it to size.

The last thing I built was this compost bin.  I'm showing it first because it is the least exciting, by far.  It also needs to be shortened.  By this point in the process, though, my hand was bruised from the shears I was using to snip, and I figured the shortening could wait.



After I finished cleaning out this bed I put up two trellises for my peas to grow up.  I also laid bricks down the middle of the bed, because the bed is too wide to reach into from the outside.  I thought a small walking path would be nice.



I am most excited about the trellis I made for the sugar snap peas.  It is a bit hard to see - the fencing goes up one side and down the other.