Friday, January 3, 2014

Dum, dum, DONE!

Happy New Year!

I have been living with the patchwork kitchen since August.  There has been progress, mostly in small areas.  The other night N patched some cracks, removed some stray caulking, and pulled out the fridge.

Fridge out, hiding some of the patchwork

I crawled in behind the fridge and the stove, then busted out the roller.  Woo hoo!  I am done!  My father made me a fabulous coat rack for Christmas which is hanging along the stairs, so I no longer have the giant hall tree full of coats and scarves cluttering up the corner.  The bench along the left of the table was made by N for me for Christmas.  I adore it!  It is exactly what I was wishing for.

Success!  Also, Christmas bench!

It was dark when I finished, so I was excited to see what the walls would look like in the daylight the next day.  I love them.



Because of the new bench I had to relocate Cauchy's seat to the other window, and she doesn't seem to mind.

No more yellow!
It wasn't finished before Christmas, but New Year's day is close enough for me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the light coming in your kitchen window. Love the new color too. You paint at my speed!!

erin said...

Looks great! I enjoyed getting to see you two for a bit over the holidays.