Sunday, March 24, 2013

Spring break

Over N's spring break we decided to travel around the north-east and visit friends.  Since they all had to work during the days, N and I had some time to ourselves for exploring.  We started in Buffalo, NY, so on the first day we drove to Niagara Falls.

American falls, from the observation deck

Since it was winter and cold and snowy, there were not a lot of people there.  It was great.  I would happily trade the snow-covered, closed paths for a lack of crowds.

American falls, from Goat Island

On our second free day in Buffalo we visited the Botanical Gardens and Conservatory.  It was pretty much the opposite of Niagara falls - warm and green instead of cold and white.




My favorite of the 12 rooms was the fern room.  It was very warm and constantly being misted.  Also, there were a quantity of dinosaur topiary.

Even though it's an herbivore, I like to make growling noises when I look at it.

I also really liked the bonsai room.  Tiny trees are fun.


While we were in the conservatory the churches in the area all started ringing bells.  When we exited we heard on the radio that the new pope had been chosen.  I just thought I would share that with you.

No comments: