I did manage to take this amazing shot of my sister, though! Mom bought us matching hats, and she is totally rockin' hers.
Most of the pictures I did end up taking were from the top of the space needle. Going up the needle was one of the two touristy things we did.
Here is "the mountain". We could see it from all over the city, and it was beautiful. There were lots of other visible mountains, of course. We were surrounded by them when we went canoeing. (fun fun fun!) We could see them when we ate outside at the sea food restaurant. (I now know I love crab!) Like the cheese, though, this mountain stands alone.
Here is another view of "the mountain", this time from the plane that would eventually take me home. I had a nice, long time to enjoy this view. How long, you ask?
Two and a half hours. I sat on the plane at the gate for two and one half hours. I watched the mountain through the window of my airplane for two and one half hours before the ground stoppage in Denver was over and we were allowed to take off.




3 comments:
By posting the picture of me in that hat you have voided your rights to the rest of my pictures.
Egads. Does this kind of travel woe ever befall you when you are going somewhere other than to visit Kristine?
One of the gals in my program was just delayed by like 2 or 3 DAYS because of Denver (trying to get home to Denver, but it was Denver's fault...hail-damaged planes or something). And Mark Smith is supposedly coming to stay with me tonight, and was supposed to be all the way to Boulder by 4 pm (it's now 5:30), but his flight got cancelled or something. Not sure yet if it is Denver's fault (he left me a message from some other airport, but I couldn't make out much more than who it was and that he would call me later...sure hope he didn't ask me to send him $500 or something...).
Post a Comment