Monday, January 17, 2011

New bed!

Hooray for our new bed!

It's tall.

It's soft.

IT'S A BED!


I previously had a beautiful, gorgeous bed and dresser set on loan from my sister-in-law.  They moved into a larger house and my guests were reduced to a 60-year-old mattress on the floor.


BUT THEN...

My mother refinished an old iron bed frame from my grandparents, and SHA-ZAM.  I love it.  I think the dark brown-gray is a fabulous color.  My folks also provided a brand-spankin' new mattress set, to replace the 60-year-old mattress that I had previously.  Parents, all of my future guests thank you immensely.


The beautiful quilt on the bed was pieced by the same sister-in-law who loaned us the furniture.  It was a wedding gift.

3 comments:

Amy said...

The bed frame looks great with the dark paint! Super job, Kathleen!

And props to Nick's sis for the lovely quilt.

Myrna said...

It is beautiful! Could the bed be described as a wedding gift from Grandpa and Grandma B, facilitated by Kathleen and Stan? Grandma B would be SO proud.

the L of L and N said...

Myrna, that's such a lovely thought!